We have had another hard-working week. The children are so lovely and with activity week next week and then transition week, I am really thinking about how much I will miss them!
English: We have re written the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. The children thought of their own Nibbles adventure where Nibbles could go next and wrote their own story. These were fantastic, they were all so different and the children had such wonderful imaginative ideas.
Maths: We are finishing our Singapore Maths books working on the review and revise chapters and the children are working at their own pace through the books. They are remembering lots of the maths taught across the whole year (which is great.)
Art: After all the skills lessons the children created their own Miro pictures, which were amazing.
Science: We looked at lots of different plants, identified and labelled them.
We also enjoyed CREW assembly on Wednesday and getting rather muddy at Forest School!
Useful information for ‘Activity Week’: reminder that it is Activity Week next week therefore children can wear sporty, active wear throughout the week suited to the weather.
- Children are to come to school wearing PE sportwear.
- On Thursday after school there will be an opportunity for your children to have another go on the inflatable fun run on the field. We will be running this as a school fundraiser activity and therefore asking for a small payment per go (bring your change!)
- On Friday the children will be given the opportunity to buy a skipping rope after their Jump rope session. Details of cost will be on the newsletter.
Timetable for the week:
- Monday: Tardebigge Trek in the PM. Parents/carers are invited to join us at 1.15pm.
- Tuesday: Sports Day. The children have already pre-ordered a sandwich at school. In the morning the children will be engaging in group activities. There will be a picnic lunch on the field at 11.30 and the track events will be in the afternoon. Children to wear a t-shirt of their house colour.
- Bredon- blue
- Clent- green
- Lickey- yellow
- Malvern- red
Parents/grandparents are welcome to join us for part/all of the day.
- Wednesday: Forest School session (bring waterproofs!)
- Thursday: Inflatable fun run on the field
- Friday: Horse riding and Jump rope session
If you have any queries regarding Activity week then please just ask!
Remember water bottles, sunhats and sun cream as we will be outside a lot.
Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the sunny weather.